Concerns, Complaints & Suggestions

If you have any of the above, please tell us!  We work with youand for you and it is important that you communicate any, or all of the above to us!

We will listen to you.

If you have a concern, please try in the first instance to resolve it with the class teacher, the school secretary or the Headteacher, whichever is most appropriate.  We will do all we can to answer your questions, resolve difficulties and put right any mistakes.

The Headteacher is always willing to see parents and under normal circumstances, an appointment is not necessary.  Yorkmead operates an “Open Door” policy and we would much prefer you to come and speak to us directly about a concern, than worry about it, perhaps unnecessarily.

If this proves unsatisfactory, please contact the Chair of the Governing Body – Mrs B Marsh.  If you are unable to resolve a concern with the staff, or the Governing Body, you have the right of access to a formal complaints procedure and should, in the first instance, address your query to: South Area Support Manager, Education Office, Margaret Street, BIRMINGHAM B3 3BU  

If you feel you have suffered an injustice through the LEA’s administration, you may take your case to the Ombudsman or you could contact your MP.

A copy of the authorities complaints procedure can be obtained here