Children are more likely to achieve better and be happier when both home and school are working in partnership to support the child’s development. My aim is to encourage and maintain a strong and positive link between home and school. I am here to support children and their families with a range of issues and concerns: attendance, home school relationships and parent child relationships.
My name is Razwana Kauser but you can call me Raz. I am your Parent Support Advisor at Yorkmead Primary School. As well as working with teachers, children, parents and other professionals, what else does a Parent Support Advisor do?
- Act as a link between home and school including making home visits;
- Support parents who require language support to communicate effectively with school;
- Offer a range of services to children and families requiring information and support;
- Support children and families to increase school attendance and minimise absences;
- Support parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school.
- Support parents in developing their parenting skills, for example through parenting workshops and other appropriate courses.
Need to talk? I am always here to help with any worry or concern you may have, no matter how big or small. We all have days when we worry about things such as work, bills, health, relationships and of course our children. These are worries we all share.
I can offer advice, be someone to talk things over with or simply just ‘be there’. I’m not saying that I have all the answers but sometimes talking helps; often, just bringing a worry to our attention can make a difference.
If you have any concern, however minor they may seem, please feel free to call in and see me at school or contact me using any of the contact details below:
Telephone: 0121 464 4215